Through the generosity of Mr. and Mrs. James Playfair of Midland, Ontario, – who donated the site – Glen Mhor was established in Beaverton as a girl’s summer camp in 1930. In the 1970s, the Lake Simcoe site was judged to be too small for the needs of a growing camp program. The search began for a new location, and it was not long before the 197 acre site on Echo Lake was purchased.
Camp Iona was established in Bala, Ontario, as a wilderness camp focused on overnight tripping, and nature discovery and exploration.
In 2006, the CNOB Synod amalgamated its camping programs, and from that process, the Cairn Family of Camps was born. Camp Iona moved from Bala to a new site that was built in the spring of 2006 on the shared property in Baysville, on Echo Lake. Cairn has celebrated over a decade of providing Presbyterian camping through the Glen Mhor and Iona programs