Cairn Connects Family Camp
You are invited to our end-of-summer finale at Cairn Connects Family Camp!
To end off our summer with a bang, Cairn will be hosting a one-day, all-ages virtual program to provide the opportunity for our camp family to connect through activities, music, and shared time together.
- When: Saturday, August 22nd, 2020
- Hours: 10am to 8pm, with flexible participation throughout
- Who: You! Everyone - from age 0 to 100 - is welcome to attend.
- Where: Anywhere you have internet access
- Cost: Free (there will be the opportunity to make a donation in lieu of a registration fee)
If you have an act that you would like to perform during Glen Mhor Presents, you can sign up here!
For those wishing to join in as participants, you will receive the link along with your registration. (Register here).
Family Photo Challenges
During your time off-screen, we challenge you to our Family Photo Challenges! See how many items you can tackle on this list, and then send photos showing which challenges you've completed to email@example.com. We'll be sharing all photos at Glen Mhor Presents, and would love to see yours as part of the collection!
- Pose with an item that you always bring to camp
- Eat a meal as a family
- If your family was in a band, what would it look like?
- Go for a walk
- Something you created or learned in an activity today
- Pose with an item that represents your family
- Dress up as if it was Halloween
- Design your background for your activities on Zoom today
- Share something small that you are grateful for
- Call a friend or family member you haven’t talked to in a while
- Sing along with Iscus and Baya for Camp Song Sing-a-long
- Recreate a photo from the past (bonus points if it was at camp)
Cairn Connects Family Camp Schedule
||Mhorning Has Broken (Facebook and Instagram Live)
Activity Option #1 (Zoom)
- Paint Night
- Stretching, Yoga, and Finding What Feels Good
- Kid's Corner
||Lunch and Rest Hour
Activity Option #2 (Zoom)
- Exploring Privilege, Diversity, and Being Welcoming at Camp
- Escape Room
- Ultimate Family Game Show
Activity Option #3 (Zoom)
- A New Favourite Board Game
||Camp Song Sing-a-Long (Facebook and Instagram Live)
||Glen Mhor Presents (Zoom)
PLUS complete the Family Photo Challenges during Lunch and Rest Hour, and the other off-screen times! Send them in to firstname.lastname@example.org to be featured in our GMP slideshow!
You may participate in as many activities as you would like throughout the day: whether you're there 5 minutes early for each program, or pick and choose to accommodate your weekend schedule. Please register online so you can receive Zoom access information and other details about our Cairn Connects Family Camp day. Click here to register now.
Mhorning Has Broken
Join Mapes for a morning devotional, starting our day together with intention.
Activity Option #1
- Paint Night: Konk leads a morning painting session for the amateur and experienced artists alike (designed for participants who can independently follow her instructions). Please bring along the following supplies:
- a canvas
- acrylic paint: minimum red, yellow, blue, white and black
- paintbrushes: one large and one small
- palette (lid of a plastic container or plate is fine)
- water to clean brushes
- paper towel or a rag
- Stretching, Yoga, and Finding What Feels Good: Join Baya in waking up your body this morning, incorporating elements of yoga, stretching and gentle movement in this hour-long session. All levels of experience are welcome. Please bring a yoga mat or towel with you.
- Kid's Corner: Games, crafts and fun start our day strong! Royaz can't wait to hang out with our young family campers. Please bring along the following supplies:
- Age 3-6: Show and Tell item, toilet paper tube, markers, paper, glue or tape, pipe cleaners (optional), decorative items (optional)
- Age 7+: Show and Tell item, wide-mouth jar or can, toilet paper tube, paper, markers (permanent and washable), glue or tape, decorative items (optional)
Lunch and Rest Hour
Take a break, have a bite to eat, and if you're up for a challenge, see how many Family Challenges you can complete! (The challenge list will be provided on Saturday).
Activity Option #2
- Escape Room: Gyro has created a series of puzzles and tricks for you to work through together in this virtual escape room experience!
- Ultimate Family Game Show: Bring your competitive spirit and openness for good fun, as families compete in a series of game show challenges. And don't worry, even if you don't come with your own family, Host Rapid will be sure everyone is included in a family group for the games!
- Exploring Privilege, Diversity, and Being Welcoming at Camp: Story telling is an essential part of camp and how we understand our history. In a changing and evolving world, it is also an essential part of how we shape our future. Join us as we share our unique stories and experiences and ask "how can camp be accessible and welcoming to as many people as possible?". Topics include privilege, diversity, and solidarity. (Please note that this session is designed for our adult family campers.)
Activity Option #3
- A New Favourite Board Game: A great number-sequencing, light-strategy game for groups of all sizes, Zoic is here to teach and play the game "Welcome to...". Please download the fillable play sheet before you arrive: https://juegosrollandwrite.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Welcome_To_Fillable_Sheet_PDF_v3.0.pdf
- Trivia: Kinniq is back with a Cairn Connects classic - Trivia! Come with your pencil and paper, and put your trivia knowledge to the test.
- Baking: Measure, mix and enjoy! Join Meret for a family-friendly baking session, making some delicious White Chocolate Raspberry Cream Puffs! Please prepare the following:
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- Kitchen Supplies
- parchment paper
- mixing bowls and spoons
- measuring cups and spoons
- medium pot
- cookie sheet
- hand mixer (optional)
Camp Song Sing-a-long
Music is integrated into every minute at camp. Join Iscus and Baya on Facebook and Instagram live to sing some favourite camp songs together!
Glen Mhor Presents
What better way to end our day than with our camp-favourite variety show, Glen Mhor Presents! If you have a talent, a skit, a song, or a performance of any kind, individually or as a household, that you'd like to show off to your camp family, sign up to show off your act . And if you'd just like to tune in for the performance, of course you are invited to do so! If you have an act that you'd like to perform, please click here to access the sign-up form. Looking forward to ending our evening together in community!
Please contact Robynne "Mapes" Howard with any questions or for more information, at email@example.com.
Click here to register, and we'll look forward to seeing you there!