The Cairn Euchre Classic
Fundraiser Euchre Tournament to support The Cairn Family of Camps
Date: November 21st, 2020
Time: 2pm-5pm EST
Location: Online - Using: https://www.trickstercards.com/game/?start=Euchre
- Scroll down for tournament format, rules and regulations
- Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams. First place gets first pick, second place gets second pick, and third place receives the third prize.
- Prizes include:
- Virtual cooking/baking lesson with Meret - can be tailored to adults or a full-family activity (with two customized aprons as well!)
- Two Cairn custom stretched canvas prints from Travis "Zoic" Allison - perfect for your home or a gift to a loved one
- $100 of tuck from the Cairn tuck shop, PLUS a new Cairn blanket, a toque and some Cairn face-masks!
Can’t play but want to donate a registration fee anyway? Click here.
- The tournament will be hosted online
- Find the online site here: https://www.trickstercards.com/game/?start=Euchre
- The tournament will be a round-robin style with 4 games to collect points
- Each game is a single round
- Each win is worth one tournament point
- At the end of 4 games, the two teams with the most tournament points will face off in a best of 3 game (first to two wins) final.
- Ties will be broken by the team with the least amount of game points the opposing teams scored against them over the course of the round-robin.
- A tie of game points will be determined by a coin flip
- The winning pair of the entire tournament will have their choice of the first prize
- The runners up will choose the second prize
- The third-place team will choose from the remaining prize after the first two are selected
All games will be played according to the rules listed at https://bicyclecards.com/how-to-play/euchre/#filter with the following additional rules & clarifications:
- Canadian Loner
- If the partner of the dealer orders the dealer up (tells the dealer to “pick it up") during the initial round of bidding that partner must go alone
- NO Stick the Dealer
- If no trump is selected in the second round of bidding, the cards will be reshuffled and the deal will move to the next player
- Second Round Bidding Rules
- In the second round of bidding, a player may not call trump of the suit of the card that was just turned down
- In the second round of bidding, a player may not call trump for a suit that is not currently in their hand
- Note: The “left” of the proposed Trump suit DOES count as a suit of the proposed trump suit
- No “Kitty/Draw Under” or “No Ace No Face No Face No Trump call”
- You get the cards you get ;)
- All participants are expected to play with a kind, respectful and fun spirit following the 4S’s
- Safety - All players are entitled to a mentally, physically and emotionally safe experience
- Servanthood - Players are expected to “serve” their fellow players and the spirit of the tournament through positivity, camaraderie and sportspersonship
- Self-Esteem - Players will treat themselves and other players with kindness, avoiding “trash-talk” in all forms
- Stewardship - Players recognize that this tournament is a fundraiser to support the ongoing mission of Cairn for years to come
- Any instances of bullying, harassment, or poor sportspersonship will result in forfeit and removal from the tournament
- Due to the online nature of the tournament, any issues resulting from internet connectivity issues, mis-clicking, or a lack of understanding of the software cannot be controlled. A “do-over” or “taking back a move” is not possible. All moves played will stand.
- Any disputes of the rules or regulations that cannot be resolved in the game should be brought to the tournament organizing team immediate by calling 519-282-4076
- C’mon, it’s a for fun tournament, folks, you can work it out :)